Friday, March 05, 2004
Freshly baked anzac biscuits....mmmmm...the smell wafts through the house.
roughly 1 cup each of - SR flour, coconut, brown sugar, oats
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp ginger powder
120 grams (6 tbsp) butter
2 tbsp water
1-2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bi-carb
1. Mix flour, coconut, sugar, oats, poppy seeds, and ginger powder in a bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, golden syrup and water. Heat until butter is melted.
3. Add bi-carb to liquid mix, stir and remove from heat once it has frothed up.
4. Mix liquid into dry ingredients. Once combined, form into small balls and place on greased tray. Allow for spreading.
5. Cook in a slow oven for 20 minutes.