Saturday, April 17, 2004
2 cups Self Raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp bi-carb
6 tbsp softened butter
1. Pre-heat oven to a moderate heat (or 180 Celsius)
2. Cream butter and sugar
3. Add eggs, mixing well after each addition
4. Add vanilla and banana, mix well
5. Combine milk and bi-carb
6. Fold through flour and milk in batches, until all is combined
7. Cook in a 20cm/8inch round greased tin, for 1 hr or until skewer comes out clean.
Note : This cake may be frozen to be consumed at a later date. Bananas can be frozen, though skin will turn black but the fruit itself is still edible or able to be used in cooking at a later date.