Wednesday, August 04, 2004
2 cups self raising flour
3 tbsp butter
pinch of salt (optional)
1.5 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup milk
oil for frying
- Sift flour with salt into a bowl.
- Rub butter through flour, with fingertips, to resemble breadcrumbs
- Add in sugar, mix well.
- Lightly beat egg and milk together
- Gradually add egg milk mix to flour until it resembles a soft dough.
- Kneed dough until smooth
- Roll out dough till the thickness of a finger
- Cut out with circle cutters, though you could try different shapes for varity.
- Fry in heated oil until golden brown
- Toss in cinnamon sugar