Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Craft : Butterflies
1 paddle pop stick
2 medium foam balls
- Draw butterfly wings on cardboard and cut out. Ensure you leave a small tab on the butterfly wing so it can join to the body.
- Colour in wings with coloured pencils
- Staple feathers to the wings near the tabs
- Cut a slit into one polystyrene ball and push through paddle pop stick, till it comes out the other side.
- Make another slice in the remaining polystyrene ball and push on for head. Only push stick in part way.
- On the body section on the butterfly, make two more slices, one for each wing.
- Push in wings
- Curl pipe cleaners around a pencil to make antennae, then push antennae into the head of the butterfly
- Draw eyes and mouth on the butterfly.