Thursday, November 25, 2004
Things I Have Learnt From Being A Parent
- biscuits don't flush that well but favourite toys do
- how to type one handed
- that if you homeschool, work from home and look after a house then it is near impossible to write 50,000 words without loosing sleep.
- baby cuddles are the best after sleepless nights
- when babies reach a certain stage they will eat the smallest thing they can pick up off the floor that is not food
- floor mats under the highchair only catch a small amount of food dropped, thrown, spit up, etc
- dogs make wonderful floor cleaners and is cheaper then buying dog food
- kids will do almost anything for a lolly
- never give a child a room with a locking door unless you have a key for it
- regardless of how cold it is or what company you have, toddlers will always prefer to be undressed
- some toys are fixable, some toys are binable.
- the more expensive the toy the more fixable it is
- pedestal fans provide hours of fun
- kids love to help cook as long as they get to lick the bowl afterwards
- extracurricular activities are usually after school hours and on weekends
- when a baby smiles it will make you smile regardless of how lousy your day is
- fresh, plain coloured skirts or shirts make excellant tissues for baby's runny nose. It adds interest to an otherwise boring outfit!
there are plenty more but I am typing one handed while trying to make a toddler smile (who just woke up) while feeding a baby and getting pins and needles in my foot.
Have a great day!